NorthWest Lacrosse Association Gear Scholarship Application Form
A scholarship fund has been created in order to help defray gear rental expenses of youth lacrosse players whose
family may be in need of financial assistance. Please read below what expenses will be covered by scholarships and
what expenses need to be taken care of by the player and/or their family, as well as what the process is for applying
for a scholarship.
● NWLax player scholarships may cover gear rental charges.
● Each player and/or their family will be responsible to pay a security deposit for their rental.
● Distribution of scholarship funds will be dependent on the amount of money available in the Scholarship Fund
● All information from applications will be kept confidential and a committee will choose recipients based on
need as presented on the application form.
● All recipient families of NWLax scholarships are required to assume a key volunteer position if needed.
● Parents of scholarship players are required to participate in club activities and work volunteer hours equal to
scholarship amount. (this is computed at $10/hr., therefore if a youth receives a scholarship of $75 of the
$150 registration fee, then the families will be responsible to complete 8 hours of volunteer work)
● APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN February 15, 2017 to be considered.